Sound and Lighting Production Specifications
The Varsity Theatre is well equipped to handle most shows and events. Outside equipment rental is also available.
- JBL Vertec Line Array
- Per side – six (6) E-V DL18MT subs; seven (7) JBL VT4887; there are also four (4) EV SX100 full range passive front fills
- 7,500 watts subs, 16,000 watts low-mid, 3,500 watts mid-high; 1,000 watt front fill
- QSC amps, dbx Driverack 480 system processor. 110db SPL limit
- Downstage: 12 PAR 64 1k MFL, 4 PAR 56 300 NSP, one Source Four Leko
- Upstage: 12 PAR 500 NSP, one bar (4) ACL’s, four (4) TrackSpots, four (4) Technobeams, and two(2) Elation Platinum 5R Pro Spots
- Jands Hog 1000; various floor cans, disco specials, strobes also available
- Midas M32; Ashley GQX-3102 (L-R mains); Ashley GQX 1502 (fills)
- Stage is 28’ x 18’ x 3’ w/ permanent barricade; black backdrop; (1) 8’x 8’x1’ drum riser; (1) 8’ x 6’ x 2’ riser
- Loading doors are a double door offstage left with a short ramp to the stage; stage doors open into parking lot available for Artists’ vehicles
- A 200 amp three phase service is located upstage left (all female CamLocks) and a 60 amp three phase service is available same location (small lugs w/ safety switch).
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a gift certificate?
Gift cards are available at The Chimes retail desk or visit https://shop.thechimes.com/.
Where do I park?
Parking is available in the lot behind the building off of E. Chimes Street. There is also limited street parking in the area.
How can I rent out The Varsity Theatre for a private event?
The Varsity Theatre is an ideal venue for cocktail parties, wedding receptions, graduation parties, award ceremonies and more. To entertain your guests, we are equipped with superb sound and lights, two video projection screens and a stage large enough to accommodate any band, DJ or speaker.
Can we take pictures during the show?
Photography and videography is allowed only with prior approval.
I bought tickets to a show, but I can’t come. Can I get a refund?
All tickets are sold as nonrefundable. However, tickets may be transferred by logging into your TicketWeb account or contacting email@example.com
What is the building’s capacity?
What age must I be to attend a show?
Most events unless otherwise specified are 18+ with valid identification to enter.